Since 2022, we are passionate about supporting with 180 euros per year Hamor initiatives helping orphans in Camerún. Hamor built and run the so call « casa Yide Bikoue« This project consists of providing the closest thing to a Family for orphaned children in the area, providing accommodation, food, health, education in values and professional training.
Which must be self-sufficient thanks to the social micro-enterprises that will be created for this purpose.
- Accommodation: The local council has given Hamor initiatives 2 buildings with approx. a total of 700 mtr2. and the one that Hamor initiatives enable so that childrens are comfortable and safe, with the minimum standards of hygiene, comfort, safety, drinking water, light (solar energy) etc…
- Food: Food is basic for the correct development of a child, in these isolated villages there is not much variety and they have clear deficiencies of this type, trying a varied diet, (if possible organic) and complete will be one of the main objectives of the project.
- Health: Hamor initiatives provide health coverage for children, follow-up and prevention checks to avoid death or serious illness due to lack of medical care. As medical care is paid for, the population endures until the last moment to visit the doctor and this usually leads to more problems due to the aggravation of the disease.
- Education in values: Education is also paid, Hamor initiatives will do the appropriate follow-up..
- Professional training: Hamor initiatives will be able to provide professional training with the creation and development of social micro-enterprises that will, in turn, allow the children’s home to be self-sufficient and independent over time.
Social microenterprises that provide training and economic resources:
Farm of chickens, rabbits and others that serve to provide food and resources with the sale of the same.
Ecological garden with irrigation to cultivate in the dry session, like the previous one, to provide food and economic resources. Sale and installation of photovoltaic energy that will provide light and economic resources. (these micro-enterprise points have to be developed separately), Production and sale of organic honey, Production and sale of mango jam.
The self-sufficiency of the project is the challenge to be achieved in order not to depend on third parties in terms of basic needs, which is why the figure of a social entrepreneur is key to developing this last point of the project.